Hello there. Happy Friday!
I have some news: I’ll be bowing out for the rest of the month. I’m hoping this mini-sabbatical will give me some fresh content ideas and stave off the carpal tunnel that’s lurking around these fingers o’ mine. Mike and I are headed to Charleston, South Carolina toward the end of September, and my mom is joining me in Hilton Head and Savannah for another leg of the trip.
So, I figured it’s a good time to recharge the batteries. How will I spend my free time these next few weeks? Current frontrunners include: painting my toes, watching hours of “Mad Men,” and baking a huge batch of chocolate chip cookie bars and diving headfirst into the pan.
I’ll see you sometime in October. Enjoy the rest of your month!
P.S. In the meantime, here are some old posts if you’re in the mood for reading.
- Two-ingredient pumpkin muffins (gonna make some of these puppies real soon for fall)
- Cookie dough surprise cupcakes
- Monster cookies
- Banana pancake bites
- Spinach smoothies
- Oven-roasted veggies
- So you think you don’t have an accent?
- Why you should go hug your sister
- Life lessons from my dad and more from my mom
- The prettiest sunsets I’ve ever seen
- Why you should get out of the car when you travel
- …host out-of-towners in a small apartment
- …throw a bachelorette party
- …prepare a wilderness survival kit
- …paint a quote onto a canvas
- …watch a meteor shower
- …host a craft beer and cheese tasting party
- …survive a football tailgate
- …make glittery champagne flutes
- Bungee jumping in New Zealand
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Part I and Part II (with bear encounters!)
- Mount Rushmore and Custer, South Dakota
- Yellowstone National Park Part I and Part II
- Grand Teton National Park and Jackson, WY
- An all-inclusive trip in Riviera Maya, Mexico
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Disney World’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom
- Mackinac Island, Michigan