Last night, Mike and I went kayaking on the Chicago River and paddled into Lake Michigan to watch Chicago’s biweekly fireworks show. Then we got fro-yo, piled high with oreo cookie crumbs and mini-M&Ms. It was a pretty perfect night. I remarked that it felt very “The Bachelorette.” Yes, I accept this rose. Have a great weekend!
- Tina Fey’s daughter might be trying to kill her. Don’t worry, she’s only two. Tina is so charming in this David Letterman interview. I want to see more of her! Get this woman another TV show and stat.
- In the “Pssst, I wrote this” category for the week: I recently penned a travel guide for the Groupon blog entitled 48 Hours on Mackinac Island. Check ‘er out, if you please.
- Why Leslie Knope is the best feminist. (Thanks, Bec)
- Woman photoshops herself into historical photos. This is awesome. (Thanks, Jon)
- Impressionist sings “Total Eclipse of the Heart” in the voices of 19 different divas. Her Celine is epic. I’m such a sucker for an impressionist.
- A friendly elephant seal snuggles with a beachgoer. You stop it right now.
- Guys with fancy lady hair. Just what it sounds like. (Thanks, Amelia)
- Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa on “Game of Thrones,” adopted the dog who played her direwolf after his character was killed on the show. Can a dog play a character? Either way, finally Sansa’s done something right.