Happy Friday! I’m currently enjoying a “Book of Mormon” high—I saw it last night and it was absolutely hysterical, sharp, and surprisingly heartfelt. What a way to roll into the weekend. Hope you have a good one.
- I guest blogged about my 21st birthday (mis)adventures in Australia over on A Breakfast Serial today. Feel free to give it a gander.
- Top 10 Ultimate Places to See Wildlife via Lonely Planet. Botswana, I’m coming for you!
- Why you need more “margin” in your life, and how to get it. A good read.
- There was a five-alarm fire at a warehouse in Chicago overnight on Wednesday, when temps were well below zero. No one was injured—AND I’M NOT CONDONING FIVE-ALARM BLAZES—but these Chicago Tribune pictures of the fire and its frozen aftermath are absolutely incredible. Seriously, check this one out.
- Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 2013 Puppy Bowl Starting Line-Up. Are there lot of Catalahoula mixes in here, or is it just me?
- As “30 Rock” comes to a close, Rolling Stone rounded up its favorite one-liners from the series. They left out my all-time favorite, said by Jenna Maroney (technically a two-liner): “Oh, I can play dead. I watched my entire church group get eaten by a bear.”
- This week, in strange international news: Scotland hopes to boost tourism with these sweater-clad ponies. UM, it’s working, Scotland. On me. (Thanks, Cait)
- Lastly, I leave you with photos of a baby elephant going for a swim with its mama. (Thanks, Lisa)