Man, this week. Right?! Cheers to Friday.
- Dave Barry’s 25 Things I Have Learned in 50 Years. So many pearls of wisdom. (Thanks, Soap!)
- The Interwebs are all a-flutter thanks to this Dan Slater article in The Atlantic, A Million First Dates: How Online Romance is Threatening Monogamy. (Thanks, Amelia)
- Here is what happens when you cast Lindsay Lohan in your movie. A journalist who was on the set of The Canyons with Lohan for three weeks this past July tells all in a lengthy piece for the New York Times. It ain’t a pretty portrayal but my word, is it entertaining.
- Did you happen to catch this New York Times piece, Snow Fall: Avalanche at Tunnel Creek ? A really good example of new, new (new?) journalism by John Branch. Visually beautiful, too. NYT hitting ‘em out of the park. (Thanks, Jon and Amy)
- 45 Amazing Facts for National Trivia Day. Example: #13. Before Google launched Gmail, “G-Mail” was the name of a free email service offered by Garfield’s website. Useful stuff.
- Oscar noms are IN. I’ve still got a lot of movies to see before February 24.
- I can’t think of a better way to summarize this story than use its own headline: Prison Guards Apprehend Cat Trying Adorably to Sneak Into a Brazilian Prison with Jailbreak Gear. (Thanks again, Amelia!)